Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Voice!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I can talk now! I went to the doctor on Thursday and he said my vocal chords are 98% better. There is still some irritation on them, but he said as long as I am careful they will be fine. I am going to be able to teach tomorrow. Please pray that my kids would learn to listen, as I won't be able to talk very loud. Hopefully I will be able to use a headset mike that is portable as well. It has been strange talking again. I enjoy silence a lot more now. Sometime soon I will post some of the things God taught me during this time. Please pray that I would continue to remember all the lessons I learned. Thanks for the prayers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hello Mindy,
Long time, no talk. But I didn't lose my voice. Hee Hee! Wow, I know that was very challenging...I remember when I had lost my voice when the children were young, and I really enjoyed it, because there was times when I wanted to ring there necks, but I had to do it very quietly and softly. A character trait that I wished I possessed....and as you noted, it is amazing how they respond with just a look.
It sounds like you are settling in well. We have been blessed with some good weather here until yesterday. It truly looks like winter now.
We miss you very much and will continue to pray for you.
We love you.
Laura (not Mrs. Woodhouse) hee, hee

janelle said...

Mindy, its so good heard that you can talk again and to continue to teach! may God bless you today! love you!!