Sunday, May 30, 2010

Goodbyes

Let me just say, in my short 23 years of life, I have learned to dislike goodbyes. Many short term mission trips and living in different places around the world have cultivated many friendships. And the problem is, these friendships are all over the world. As this school year winds to a close, I have to say goodbye to some very dear friends whom I have spent two years laughing with, crying with, going on adventures with, and more. I don't think I can say another goodbye. At least, I don't want to. Sometimes it makes me not want to reach out again, but then I think of all the relationships I would have missed out on if I didn't reach out for fear of saying goodbye. So though it is sad, I can take joy in one day seeing my sweet friends in heaven. And I can look forward to remembering all the great memories with my friends here.

Speaking of the year being almost over, I can't believe I am almost done with my second year of teaching! Some days go so fast, others seem to last forever. I am not ready to say goodbye to these kids. I love them a lot. I have so many fun and funny memories from them. A recent favorite is from our spring concert last Thursday. The girls were supposed to dress up like princesses. I too wore a dress, and I asked some of my boys if I looked like a princess. One responded with, "You look like you are from New York!" Haha. to them, the US is basically New York and Miami. It was cute :).

For those of you in Washington and Iowa, I will be around this summer. I am looking for all different sorts of adventures. Shoot me an email or leave me a comment if you want to hang out. I love getting comments and emails :). May you truly feel God's love and grace today. He is amazing!

1 comment:

kelsy said...

Can't wait to see you again, Mindy!