Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's a Totally Different World

Just a little funny moment from the day that reminded me these kids I teach are growing up SO differently than I did! Most of my students get picked up by a chauffeur. One of my girls has always had the same chauffeur, but the last week he has not been there. I asked her about it and she launched into a long story about what happened. I won't get into it, but at the end she was like "Miss Seeman, do you want a chauffeur?" I told her that first I want/need a car. She proceeded to tell me "Well we had a black Bentley (pronounced Bentaley :)) but we gave it to my dad's friend. Or else you could have it." Hmmm, I don't think she quite realizes how much that car is worth, or that you don't just give away cars. Haha. I think she didn't know the word for "sold," but even if she did, she has no idea that I could never ever afford that car. But it did give Miss Metzler (pronounced Metzaler by said little girl) a good secret laugh :).

Oh, and on the subject of cars, the kids told me that Santa could bring me one. Unfortunately, one didn't appear beneath the tree :).

No comments: