Saturday, September 24, 2011

Radiance

I love Psalms 34:4-5: I sought the Lord, and he answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.

Those verses blow me away. How often have I not sought the Lord? Instead I have lived in those fears. I was not delivered because I looked everywhere else to meet my needs. And instead of those fears shrinking, they grew. I love that when I seek the Lord, He answers. I love that these two verses go together. When I am delivered from my fears, my face is not covered in shame. Fear varies for each person, but so often it covers us in shame. Maybe it's for something we did, maybe for something we didn't do. We all deal with failure, and I know I fear that failure. But when I seek the Lord, I am delivered from that fear of failure. How often am I not radiant because I have not sought the Lord? Oh Lord, may I seek you above all else!

1 comment:

kelsy said...

Love your thoughts! They encouraged me today!!