Thursday, October 23, 2008

ONE WEEK!

I have officially gone one week without talking at all! I did not know that was possible for me :). It has been a challenge but also a good reminder. It has taught me to sit still and listen. I am learning more about words. Words have such power. There are so many words that come out of my mouth that don't need to. Not being able to have any words come out of my mouth has been a good wakeup call. I have been reminded that I don't need to say a lot of what I do. Hopefully I will remember that lesson when I can speak again!

It has been weird to not be around my students all week. I got the cutest email from one of my little boys today, saying, "I want that you get well soon because I love you with all my heart." It almost made me cry. I miss them so much! I have been able to rest though, and that has been good for me. I am not very good at slowing down, so this has forced me to do so!

I am getting really good at writing quickly, and my roommates are getting better at reading my motions. I don't know if I am necessarily better at charades, or if they are just getting better at knowing what I am trying to say! I spend a lot of time during the day by myself, enjoying the presence of my Creator. It has been really good for me. I also have had time to read and work on other projects.

Thank you to all who have been praying for me. Please continue to pray that my vocal cords would heal quickly and that I would be able to talk again soon. I miss teaching! I go back to the doctor next week. I have felt your prayers--thank you!

No comments: