Monday, March 2, 2009

God is Big

Well, it's only been 2 weeks since my last post! I'm slowly moving up in the world! This one will probably not have any pictures, but I wanted to give you an update on my life in the past couple of weeks. Let's see...
-One highlight was definitely going whale watching this past weekend. The DR is the only place in the world where humpback whales come to have their babies. They come from as far away as Iceland EVERY YEAR! We went out on Friday and were able to see a baby and its mother. Wow. God truly showed me that He is a big God. He created a huge creature who has the ability to travel thousands of miles every year! And that's only one of the things He made! Isn't he awesome? If I ever figure out how to post a video, I will post one I got of the mama whale coming right up by our boat. She is about 50 feet long. It was incredible.
-This week is Spiritual Emphasis Week at school. A group of highschool seniors from a Christian school in the states came down to help with it. We had our first chapel today, and the kids loved it! Highlights included puppets, songs, and skits. We are looking forward to the rest of the week!
-Hmm, on a not so fun note, I managed to sprain my ankle this weekend. Another stupid injury to add to the list. No exciting stories, though I tell people I am going to say that I fell off the whale watching boat, got swallowed by a big fish, like Jonah, and then got spit back out and hurt my ankle. That's a cooler story than falling off a single step in the dark! I am supposed to be on crutches all week. Today was killer trying to teach with them. We'll see if I make it that long with them! Even through this, I have learned that God is bigger than the little things that get in our way. I can still teach and serve Him even with a hurt foot! Please pray for fast and complete healing.
-Falling more in love with our big God every day. Sometimes I struggle with seeing Him in the little things and spending time with Him every moment of every day, but it is so worth it. Today I had an AMAZING conversation with my kids about God. We could have talked all day! It made me so excited to talk about my favorite subject with them. Their hearts are open--please pray that they would not only ask Jesus to take away their sins, but that they would serve Him the rest of their lives. These are the kids who are the future leaders of the DR. May they really love Jesus with all their hearts! What a blessing their childlike faith has been to me. Wow. God is so big, and I love how he shows me that in the little ways each and every day! May you see that as you go about your day as well.

No comments: