Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First graders might be the funniest people in the world

My first graders make me laugh every day. A few good ones from the past few days?

We were talking about the word "until" as one of our new vocabulary words. The ESL teacher was in my room and we were trying to get them to finish sentences. She said "I am hungry, but I can't eat until..." hoping they would be able to finish it. One little girl raised her hand and said "until December!" I sure hope we can eat before December!

That same day we were talking about our book which has to do with a pumpkin. We were saying that we had talked about a farmer and the book would be connected to him. We were trying to get them to say "Farmer McDonald," who we had talked about. We told them he was a farmer. One little boy raised his hand and instead of saying Farmer McDonald, he said the PE teacher's name! I guess he's a farmer in his spare time!

Today we were out playing on the playground. I was playing on the jungle gym with them. They wanted me to go on the monkey bars. I unfortunately cannot just shimmy across like I used to. I did it, but not the normal way. I was kinda sideways. The kids were like "You are doing it wrong! I guess you are too old!" Haha. I am now officially too old for the monkey bars :)

They truly are like little mice following me every where. If I was playing tag and left and went to the monkey bars, they all left and went to the monkey bars. And of course all I hear when I play with them is "Miss Seeman LOOK!"

God has been teaching me a lot lately. I will try to post something more soon, but I wanted to at least write a little bit. I am praying for another good and of course funny day with my little mice tomorrow!

No comments: