Sunday, September 5, 2010

Life with first graders

So I can't get these pictures to move. You might want to read the text first and then look at the pictures :)
These boys think you have to wear your soccer socks up as high as they go. Notice you can see no legs :)
They LOVE to read the Beginner's Bible :)
He is one of my American missionary boys. LOVE him and LOVE the half smile. Anyone reminded of my brother? :)
Us being crazy
Trying to get a good class picture. It didn't work.
We have had 16 days of school. 164 to go. Haha. No, it's not that bad :). I am enjoying them, most days at least. It's definitely been a switch from third grade. I am slowly figuring out how to get and keep their attention. I still lose them at times, but we are getting there. I love the things that make them laugh! I love being goofy with them!

Please pray with me that I would really shine bright for Christ to them. I want to show them Christ's love. May none of me and all of Him shine through. I love working at a place where I can share my faith as much as I want. I don't always take advantage of that though.

Please pray as well that I would know how to reach each and every one of them. They are all so different, but I want to be able to challenge each and every one of them.

Amanda and I along with some others started going back to the girls home. The older ones were AMAZING last Thursday. I was speaking more English than I ever have and they got it! Now we just have to get them saying it :)

This year has been very different in terms of hanging out with people. The teachers do a lot more together, which has been super fun. Tonight we sang worship songs for 2 hours! It reminded me of my days at Emmaus. I love singing with people, and most of the teachers have AMAZING voices.

It's amazing how God provides and takes care of us. So often it's in little ways that we miss if we are not looking. I want to make it my goal to keep my eyes open this year, so to speak. I want to be aware of the ways God provides for me, encourages me, and shows me that He loves me. Some things I have noticed the last couple days? I love the people He has put in my life. The one He brought to mind is my taxi driver. Yes, I said taxi driver. Luis has become like an uncle to me. He watches out for me and always tells us that if we need anything he will help us. We invited him to a concert Amanda is singing in and he is coming! I am just amazed at how God cares about the little things, like great taxi drivers. He has also been teaching me a lot about how I need to fear Him and not people. There have been a lot of opportunities to learn that the past couple weeks. Hard lessons but good lessons :).

No comments: