Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pleasing men

So a verse has been stuck in my head lately, and I need to get it stuck in my heart too. Man, do I ever need to! Those who know me know I really deal a lot with people pleasing. A lot a lot. A verse that has come up often in the past two years is Galatians 1:10.
Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Unfortunately, many times I still live in the "win the approval of men" thing. More often that I can count actually. But this verse hits me on the head. I need to win the approval of God if I call myself a servant of Christ! It's hard and the road is long, but we serve a good God who walks with me on every step of the journey. God, focus my heart on you!

No comments: