Friday, May 10, 2013

Time with God

We have less than three weeks left of school. It seems surreal, I think partly because I am not going back to the states. Once all my friends start leaving I am sure it will feel very strange. My kids are sure ready to be done though!

This year I have spent quite a bit of time talking with them about different ways they can spend time with God: prayer journaling, drawing pictures and journaling, reading the Bible, dancing to music, etc. They are now to the point where they ask to spend time with God alone. My 20 second graders can do this for over 20 minutes. I know they are probably not always focused, but it is amazing to see them loving time spent with our Savior. Today one of them randomly found the book of Job, started reading it, and came up to me so excited about the story! She was reading me verses and then I heard her reading others verses too. She was able to explain what it all meant. How awesome is that to watch a second grader fall in love with God's word? I am so thankful for the opportunity to watch these kids fall more in love with Jesus. I have so much to learn from them!

No comments: