Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lessons from the Israelites

So I have been reading in Exodus lately. I never noticed that before Moses went up on the mountain, God allowed 70 leaders of the Israelites to meet with Him. They had the privilege of meeting with the Most High! And then just a little while later they freaked out when Moses left. This is when all the people told Aaron to make a golden calf. AFTER they had seen God. Wow. It made me think: how often do I do that? God shows me things all the time about how amazing He is, and I forget in the next few seconds sometimes. Wow. Lately I have been thinking a lot about His plan for me. So often I expect it to go one way, yet it goes the direct opposite. I sometimes wonder what God is doing, why things look that way. But them I am reminded over and over again (because I need it) that He is in control. My life has been changing drastically the last month or so and will continue to change. It's scary, and I sometimes wonder what God is doing. But I need to remember that He is in control. Even when I get scared like the Israelites did, I don't need to go building my own golden calf. He alone is enough! Praise be to Him!

No comments: