Wednesday, July 20, 2011

ABCs of Jesus

Have you ever gone through the ABCs, naming a character/quality of God or Jesus for each one? I was doing that as I went to sleep last night and meditating on those things rather than fears or worries. I need to work on doing that more often! Anyways, A, B, and C were all pretty normal for what I have thought of before. I think I said Awesome, Beautiful, and Compassionate or something. Then I got to D and my mind all the sudden said "daring." I realized what I thought and was like "No, that doesn't fit." But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that my Jesus is indeed daring. Dictionary dot com says the following for daring: "audacity, bravery. 2. dauntless, undaunted, venturesome,audacious, brave" I sure think that fits. My Jesus was dauntless as he came down to save a people He knew would walk away from Him. He had the audacity to do it anyway. Wow. I know I would not have been daring and died for people who would walk away from me. He was brave enough to leave perfect heaven to come to sinful earth, walk on this earth for 33 years, and then die a cruel death. Yes, I would say my Jesus is daring.

What a friend we have in Jesus! I am so blessed that He died to take away my sins, and the sins of anyone who asks Him to take away their sins. He is worth living for. He is worth dying for. May I live my life for Him!

1 comment:

Anna Nininger said...

Mindy you encourage me lots!