Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 12th?!?!

Woah. Sorry to the two of you who actually still check this. It has been WAY too long! The last few months have been a whirlwind of activity and overall craziness. But they also have taught me so much more about the amazing God we serve. I was able to see many more parts of His creation and what He has empowered man to build. It was also great seeing many friends and family members in the states. Here is an overview of the last few months.
After leaving Kenya, my roommate and I spent a week exploring parts of Europe. You have to stop there for a layover anyways, so we decided to stay and explore. We were also able to get together with one of my friends who was living in Germany at the time. Here is a smattering of pictures from The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Austria. It was crazy busy but SO fun!











 This was the hardest but also one of the most interesting parts of our trip: going to Dachau concentration camp. I will never forget it. 



If a picture is worth a thousand words, I don't need captions on a lot of them!

After Europe I flew into Chicago and left the next day on a four day cross-country train trip with my parents. It was long but fun. While on the west coast, I also got to go on a special trip with my dad, so that was fun. Here are some pictures from that journey. 







I was  home for two days and then went to the Dominican Republic. I was able to see some of my friends and former students. I also got to spend some time at an awesome ministry called New Hope Girls Academy. The girls are SO cute!












 How come when the boys join the group picture it's not as good? :). The next two pictures are of camping with some of my friends from the DR.

Then I was home for about a week and then we drove to a friend's wedding about 8 hours away. It was good. Then I came back to Kenya.

It has been a busy first month and a half here, but I am excited about a familiar curriculum and city and such. My group of kids this year are quite interesting. They love to talk and dance and sing. They are a lot of fun but also tiring. I have also been enjoying going to The Nest and holding babies. I took one home this past weekend. He is quite a cutie! I didn't realize how much I missed doing that. 



 This is Irene, the last one I fostered. Her hair is braided in a mohawk style :). She has been adopted!
 And this cutie is the one I am fostering now! I love him SO much!

Thanks to those of you who have been thinking about me and praying for me. I really appreciate it. I am thankful that God is good even when things are hard and that He makes me stronger through it.

Hopefully that gave you a little snapshot into my life!

1 comment:

kelsy said...

Loved all the pictures!!!!! So many cute kids!!!! You are such a world traveler Mindy! You should write a book with experiences from all the places you've been..... you know, in all your free time. :) Praying for you!! Carson has most of his Africa book memorized... I think it's supposed to be a song (we made up a tune). Emma sleeps with her Africa mommy and baby doll every night...the mommy's hair is falling out from being loved. :)