Friday, November 11, 2011

Field Trip Craziness

What do you get when you take 37 second graders to a huge outside park with caves, waterfalls, boats, camel and horse riding, and lots of places to run around? The answer is CRAZINESS!!! Haha. But it was fun. Let me see if I can paint a word picture to you of our field trip.

The place we went to was called Paradise Lost. One of the boys, upon arriving, said "This really IS paradise!" I am glad we could go to paradise for a day! It basically is a big park with all the things mentioned above. When our buses arrived, we paid and headed down to the boats. And when I say boats, I really mean floating pieces of wood with slight sides that sit really low in the water. Yes, my second graders rode on them! They had way too big bright orange life jackets on. Thankfully none fell in!

When we finished there, we took them to the cave. In front of the cave is an amazing waterfall. The path actually went behind it, which is fun. Before we went to the cave, they told us the power was out, so only one class could go in at a time. We took 18 kids with only three flashlights! It was crazy but super fun! The cave was 20 meters under the ground. It reminded me of my sixth grade field trip to Mt. St. Helens and going in the caves there. It was super dark and hot and hard to breathe. It was cool turning the flashlights off and having it be completely dark. Most of the kids had never experienced that before.

After returning to the outside world and eating lunch, it was camel and horseback riding time! I RODE A CAMEL!!!! It was crazy! They are very bouncy and it is crazy when they stand up with you on their backs. Sitting down was crazy too! But it was a lot of fun. 9 of my kids rode the camel, and 17 rode horses. They LOVED it! It was also a time when we just let them run and play. This was a perfect field trip for a class with 12 boys! They had so much fun! Needless to say, I am tired now, but it was so worth it! I love being able to see the beautiful world God made for us!
Camels! The other lady is one of my student's moms. She is super nice!
God's creation is amazing!
Rickety boats!

No comments: