Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Privileged

I have been thinking a lot about how privileged I am. I have more clothes than I need. I have a fridge full of food. I have running water. I don't have to go hungry. I eat way too much. I will be honest with you, at times I struggle with why I have so much when so many have so little. Why did God bless ME? Why do I have so much? It is easy for me to be stuck there. And that becomes a problem. I can't get stuck there. Yes, I am privileged. Yes, I have way more than I need. So what am I going to do about it? If I just wallow in self-pity about being too privileged it's not going to do anything. The fact is, I have a lot. Now what am I going to do with it? Do I reach out? Do I feed the hungry? Do I love the unlovable? Oh God, may it be so! May I truly share what you have blessed me with. May I reach out and touch others' lives with the blessings He has poured out on me!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You DO reach out, Mindy! Look where you're living right now! How many people leave behind all the stuff and people they have and move somewhere across the world to love other people? And you go and love the orphans that need to feel loved. And you don't just do that because you feel obligated, you do it because you LOVE doing it and it's one of your favorite things! And you also take care of a baby every weekend, sacrificing your time and money to care for him. How many people would do that? It's too much of an inconvenience for many. But you do it because you LOVE it! You wouldn't imagine NOT doing it. So yes, Mindy, you are privileged, and yes, you have more than you need. And it's good to remember to give and care for others and to try to do that more...but Mindy, when I look at your life, I see someone who is already doing a much better job than I am at giving and loving and caring for others. Keep up the good work, my friend!

FEVinton said...

II Cor. 6:10 Paul said it beautifully, ..."Having nothing, and yet possessing ALL things." This Christian life is a dichotomous wonderland that keeps us ever learning the applications of its phenomenal principles. You're ahead of most of us girl. II Cor. 6:11-13 (MsgB) is helpful to me.