Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! This was the first year I just stayed home since I moved overseas. The last three years were either spent at the beach or in the mountains. In some ways it was sad to just stay here, in other ways I really enjoyed it. I spent Thanksgiving with about 40 other people from Rosslyn. I think that was the biggest Thanksgiving I had ever been to, besides those at church and school not actually on Thanksgiving. We actually had another Thanksgiving meal before that with some other friends! I am going to use the word Thankful to tell you more about the things for which I am thankful.

T--traditions. I love that even in Kenya we had turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie!
H--health. I am thankful that it has been 2 months since my stay in the hospital. I am also thankful that I can go to the hospital when I am sick.
A--abundance. I have so much. I need to be more thankful for all that I have.
N--night sky. This one is random, I know, but I LOVE the night sky here in Kenya. If you were to catch me walking on the track at night, I would most likely be looking up. I love that special time with just me, Jesus, and the stars shining brightly.
K--kids. Not my own, but my students. They are crazy, but I love them!
F--faithfulness. God has been so faithful to me this year. He has brought me through a lot. Lately He has been doing a great work in my heart, and for that I am thankful.
U--umbrellas. With needing umbrellas comes rain. I am thankful for the rain falling on this land that so desperately needs it. I am still praying for rain in the northern parts of Kenya.
L--little babies. I think this one is obvious :). I love all the little babies at the orphanage. I now officially want to take two home. I know, that's crazy. Will you pray with me that they will all be adopted by loving families?

What about you? I would love to hear what you are thankful for this season. Above all else, I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Without him, I am nothing. May I spread his love to all those I touch.

No comments: