Sunday, May 13, 2012

Middle of May?!?!

That means school is almost over. That means my first year teaching in Africa is almost done. Craziness! 13 more school days, and two of those are half days. It's crazy! I will miss my now 20 crazy little monkeys. They have taught me a lot about life, love, and having fun. Some lessons I have learned from them this year:
-It's ok to laugh at yourself. Some mistakes are just funny!
-Seeing your teacher get handcuffed is pretty awesome. (Don't worry, it was just for fun, and I got out about two minutes later!)
-Jesus loves everyone, and we need to love everyone too.
-Spend time getting to know someone else's culture. You will learn some cool things along the way.
-Try new things. Enjoy them!
-Patience is hard. But I need to have it anyways, and it is worth it when I do!

I am so thankful for my little monkeys. It might not always be easy, but they are worth it.

This summer I get to go to Amsterdam, Germany, Seattle, the Dominican Republic, and Iowa. I am excited to catch up with people! If you live in one of those places, I would love to see you! I am excited to see what God does this summer too. He is pretty amazing. I love that even when we struggle, He cares about us. He wants to make me more like Him, which blows my mind. When I am ready to give up on myself, He is still there and still working in me. What a mighty God I serve!

I love how God uses what I teach my kids in my own life. So often the stuff I teach them about Him I don't always believe in my own heart. He is using these precious little ones who believe His promises without doubting to show me that He cares. He loves me, just as He loves everyone in this world. How different would I be if I believed that with my whole heart?

No comments: