Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New Old Things

Today in class we were talking about how the Holy Spirit helps you have self-control. He is a little talked about part of life so often, and it was great to talk with my kids about how much He guides us. We looked up many verses, and one of the ones we looked at was Romans 8:26: "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." We talked about how the Holy Spirit prays for us. How amazing is that? I was getting chills talking about it and told the kids how amazing I thought that verse was. One of them asked me if I had ever heard it before. I told them I had but it's good to be reminded because I often forget. That is so true in my spiritual walk. I know something about God, but then I forget it. I need to be in His word, studying more about Him, to remember how great He is. I am SO thankful that the Holy Spirit intercedes for me. There are so many times when I just cry out to God, not knowing what to say or do, but the Holy Spirit does. Thank you God for knowing exactly what I would need and sending it in the form of your Holy Spirit!

No comments: